December 10, 2009

Ministry

I had my life planned out from the earliest time growing up that I can remember. I remember in school we had career days and other days where we dressed up in the job profession we wanted to be when we grew up. Mine was easy...never even a second thought. Sports Broadcaster. That is what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to travel the country with a professional baseball team and be the sportscaster for that team.

I remember during my junior year in High School having a call on my heart to go into ministry. Man, I fought that hard! I was helping my youth minister in our children's department teaching, helping, and assisting wherever needed...and I enjoyed it, but my life was already planned out. I went to Wabash Valley College in Mt. Carmel after High School and enrolled in the Radio/TV department and was on my way to mapping out my life. I justified to God that I could do this and stay involved in helping at my home church with the kids...that's ministry, right?

During that first semester nothing was going right with college. Plans were falling through, quickly learned there was a lot of politics and knowing the right people to get to do what you want. In November I received phone calls from 2 different bible colleges in the same week asking if I was still considering Bible College...wow, was God making things clear!

After visiting 2 or 3 Bible Colleges, I enrolled at St. Louis Christian College in January of 1992 and began my journey down the road of ministry life. I could not imagine being any happier and more content doing anything else! There are days where I have wanted to throw in the towel and forget it...but there are other (and more often) days where I feel so overwhelmed at the blessing God has placed on my life to be able to communicate Gods truth to young people!

What is God calling you to? Listen...HE knows what is best, and HIS best is beyond your wildest dreams!!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment